Monitoring Rice Crop using Timeseries Sentinel-1 SAR Data in Google Earth Engine Platform
This research work aims to explore the efficiency of using the Google Earth Engine (GEE) cloud computing platform for temporal analysis of rice crop and mapping early and late rice planting area in a regional scale using Sentinel-1 SAR data over rice bowl of West Bengal, India.Read More
Crop Biophysical Parameters Retrieval from Polarimetric SAR data
This research work aims to assess an inversion algorithm for the semi-empirical Water Cloud Model of vegetation based on radar backscattering power. A machine learning regression has implemented for the simultaneous inversion of Leaf Area Index (LAI) and crop wet biomass.Read More
Temporal Analysis of Touzi Decomposition Parameters for Wheat Crop Characterization
This research work aims to investigate the potential of the Touzi eigenvalue-eigenvector decomposition parameters is analyzed for Leaf Area Index (LAI) and soil moisture variations over the phenophases of wheat crop.Read More
Field Campaign Activity
- SASYA-BWN field campaign with joint collaboration by MRSLab – IIT Bombay, and BCKV at Bardhaman, WB, India: December 2017–April 2018. # Aimed for Crop and Soil parameter collection in synchronous with Satellite (Radarsat-2, Sentinel-1A, LANDSAT-8, Sentinel-2) overpasses.
- Field and Satellite data collection planning for Crop Biophysical Parameter retrieval at Bardhaman, WB, India. #Satellite Data: RADARSAT-2 Science and Operational Applications Research – Education International (SOAR-EI)
- Field Campaign at Chakdaha, Indo-Gangetic plains, West Bengal, India with ESA- Sentinel-1 & 2 Satellite Pass.
- Surendranagar, Gujarat, India: Collected agricultural crop, irrigation practice information and soil moisture parameters with parallel to SMAP satellite pass.
- Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh,Collected agricultural crop parameters and soil parameter with parallel to RISAT-1 satellite pass.